BOC: Metallica's _Astronomy_

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Mon Dec 14 15:01:15 EST 1998

Warrick Bell spoke:
> I haven't listened to the track in years and my copy of the album is in
> another country so I can't see if there are any BOC references explicit in
> the lyrics, but from memory I don't really think there are.  I doubt that
> there's much on the '...and Justice for All' album that's sonically akin
> to BOC because of that album's heavy overdubbing and layering and the fact
> that Metallica at that time used rather different chord structures to BOC
> and few to no keyboards or synths.

        The BOC/Metallica connection is, I believe as simple as Kirk
        Hammett once stating that they thought the title "Harvester of
        Eyes" was really cool and they liked the band...so they re-used
        it.

        No real musical connection.

        I'm waiting for "Don't Fear the Sellout" myself.

--
Chip Hart                           *                        chip @ pcc.com
Physicians's Computer Company       *              http://www.pcc.com/~chip