Heaven Forbid, I'm back!

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Dec 16 12:09:22 EST 1998

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
 >Also interested to hear what any of you old time fans think of
Heaven
> Forbid...
>
> It is the best BOC album that doesn't have the name "Bouchard" written in
> the liner notes...
>
> I like it.  It's very different from "old BOC", but at least 10 years have
> past, members have come and gone, and the music scene in general has
> changed.  Expecting *Secret Treaties II* would be wrong.  I like it very
> much, although I'm sure part of that is because I had to wait so long
> to get it.

Well put, oh visitor from the east.  Come to think of it, even with
the Bouchard brothers aboard BOC never came close to Secret Treaties
II, with the possible exception of Imaginos, which wasn't even a BOC
album!

Considering the 10-year space between albums, HF is incredibly good.
3 songs are as good as anything the band's done, and several others
are pretty good too.  HM matches any song in the band's career.  And
remember, even with Al aboard, BOC albums [after the first 3] were
always pretty spotty.  Part of the band's attraction, that they'd be
taking chances, and releasing stuff that had the fans scratching
their heads.  I was non-plussed when AoF came out, but a year later I
considered it a masterpiece...

theo