OFF: American Football

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Dec 16 13:48:34 EST 1998

>Bless you, Ghost.  That makes a Jets fan's day.  Although, as a Jets fan, I
can never predict they will win anything.  We have to go into each game
hoping for the best, but expecting the worst ;-)

>Brian

Dude, I'm serious I like the Jets chances.  Denver's not a given nor will
they roll over and die, but if there is a coach capable of stealing a game
in the playoffs it is Bill Parcells.  Big key for the Jets is that the
Defense is playing pretty much the way Bill wants it to.  Who's to stop them
anyway?  Flutie has been magic during the regular season but Playoffs are a
different animal.  Miami needs to bench Marino but Jimmy will wait to the
off season to take care of that.  Jax will die without Brunnell; no Mark
absolutely no chance.  Oilers are too inconsistent.  Parcell can beat Pete
Carroll and the Pats with his eyes shut.  Please note I make no mention of
my fave team the Pittsburg Steelers as they seriously underestimated the
departure of Chan Gailey on the offense.  That and losing Yancy Thigpen too
has crippled Kordell Stewart this year.

>obJet: Freeman McNeil (running back when the Jets last won 10 games, in
1985)

You know if Heart were the only criteria, Freeman would be a lock for the
Hall of Fame.

Ghost in the Ruins

OBCD - Savatage, The Dungeons Are Calling