BOC: Re: Heaven Forbid, I'm back!

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Wed Dec 16 18:41:31 EST 1998

At 03:10 PM 12/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Ok, thanks all.. Its good to be back. I've been hanging on the moe. list and
>its full of all sorts of nonsense.. (love the band though, heard 'em? They
>recently covered DFTR at one of their shows..)
Funny moe. story: when i was goin' to college, the radio station had moe.
in the studio and they took it upon themselves to wrtie their bandname all
over the studio in permanent marker. Just for that I'll never give them a
listen.
I loved my radio days.  Even had a contest to see who could gues the number
of "moe." in the studio.

>(a metal band in their 20's). "Harvest Moon", I like it.. but whats with
>that speed metal jam in there? Seems out of place (though it *does* rock..).
The production on the tune does not do it justice. The riff needs to sound
heavier... more sinister.

>"Hammer Back" or "Power Underneath Dispair". They seem so contrived
>lyrically (Sandy, where *are* you!). Still Burnin'? I don't think so, Buck.
>And since when does BOC write lyrics that sound like they're right off a
>Kiss album?  (blech!)
 [HAHAHAH! For some  reason I have an inexorable hatred for KISS. THeir
popularity scares the heck out of me. But to each his own]
Well, at least the songs aren't of the high standard set by "B O C! You can
be whatever you wanna be! You got the power, we've go the key".  WHatever
drug altered their minds in order to let that slip past decency should be
banned.

>John, you're absolutely right. I'm looking for "Secret Treaties II" and it
>just ain't gonna happen. But damn it, thats what I want. Not neccesarily a
>step back to that musical and lyrical style but just something with the sort
>of impact that ST had.
For me, the closest thing to that feeling has been Box of Hammers. The way
St Vitus Dance slams into being blows me away everytime. And Overture?
oooooh yeah. that's the stuff.  Even more than that LP though was seeing
the Brain Surgeons live in Potsdam. As some of you might remember my
review's enormity probably gave the enthusiasm away.

I don't care what people say, rock and roll is here to stay.
Jason