Heaven Forbid, I'm back!

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Thu Dec 17 00:03:46 EST 1998

>Also interested to hear what any of you old time fans think of
>Heaven Forbid...

Personally, I think it was great for being their first album after a
10-year absence. But the best thing about it, in my view, is that it
bodes well for the future of the band. If they can do this well after
being away so long (and with a new lineup), what will they do next
time...especially with the hindsight of HF...what worked, what
didn't, etc. The one piece of advice I would give them is to dump
Shirley's lyrics, which are not only too simplistic for this band,
but also do not lend themselves easily to the rich, complex rock
compositions BOC has been known for in the past. Example:  The best
all-around song musically on the disc is Harvest Moon, and I think a
major reason for this is that it's the only tune with a lyric that
has more rhythmic complexity than a limerick.

--  Nick