OFF: Metallica

Thu Dec 17 18:52:44 EST 1998

On tor 17 dec 1998 22.39 +0000 "Andy Gilham" <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM>
wrote:
> Now, if someone can explain Guns'n'Roses to me... :)

     Easily.  G&R produced a perfectly good schlock-bluesy pop-metal
debut album.  Wildman singer with long blond hair, "mysterious" looking
guitarist with dark hair ... we've seen it all before :)  Both sexes of
teeny-bopper dug it.  Even if the band hadn't subsequently collapsed
under the singer's delusions of grandeur, one can't see it having
gone much farther.  If they'd been wise, they would have faked their
deaths in a tragic plane crash and reaped the record sales of lamented
geniuses cut off in their prime.  As it is, well ... ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson