OFF: Metallica

Thu Dec 17 17:39:49 EST 1998

Wasn't disco dead by then?  Of course, you're in DC, you had go-go, didn't
you?  It's a blur...

> halls...BTW you forgot Motley Cure, Anthrax and a few others...

No, I didn't, but I'd count Motley Crue in with Ratt and Poison, and Twisted
Sister for that matter, as being a bunch of big girl's blouses I wouldn't
touch with an eleven-foot pole (most poles only go up to ten).  Anthrax, in
this thesis, are counted alongside Metallica in the early days, as are
Slayer, although they both seemed to lose their way rather.  I was trying to
keep it brief, not write a whole bloody history of metal in the
nineteen-hundred-and-eighties!!!

Now, if someone can explain Guns'n'Roses to me... :)

> How much do I owe you for the therapy session Andy?  I'm truly relived by
> these developments.

On the house, my good man!

- Andy