OFF: Metallica

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Dec 17 17:23:14 EST 1998

>popular music as a whole was dominated by twee romo bands in makeup
>(Culture Club, Duran Duran, Thompson Twins, and worse); a few cock-rock
>dinosaurs still walked the earth (yes, David Coverdale, I'm looking at
you),
>and mostly such metal as was left was horrible big-hair glam from LA (Ratt,
>Poison).  It was horrible.  A generation in crisis looked for heroes.

>Metallica were simply the right band, with the right riffs and the right
attitude, at >the right time.  They were an antidote to all that was wrong.
They simply set the >agenda for heavy music for several years.

For the first time I do not regret spending the 80's in disco dance
halls...BTW you forgot Motley Cure, Anthrax and a few others...

>But they don't sound a bit like Y&T?

O not at all sir.  Y&T is far more fun and has a much better beat.  Besides
I bet they scored a hell of a lot more than Metallica ever did.  Big hair
will do that for ya 8>).

How much do I owe you for the therapy session Andy?  I'm truly relived by
these developments.

>5]  "Powertrip" will be the lead song on the new Kurt Russell
no-brainer"Soldiers"

New?  That one has already come and gone in the US.

And Theo, just prepare to see Bill Parcel's stalking the sidelines at Pro
Player in January...

Ghost in the Ruins

Now repaling Disc Two of the Different Stages.