OFF: Watney's Red Barrel

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 18 06:44:20 EST 1998

> From:          Chuck Rosenberg <Chuckrecs at AOL.COM>
> <<
>  I guess it also underscores the pathetic existence of "Working Man" in
>  the Hammersmith version of the Rush song when he gets home from work and
>  digs himself out a Watney's Red Barrel.  (Either that, or it's what they
>  were serving at the bar that night.:)
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Paul. >>
>
> ---And prob. what a lot of we Yanks don't want to admit here is that some of
> us bought WRB thinking we were high-class. I guess it just shows the even more
> pathetic state of US beer. I mean, compared to Bud, WRB, is the liquid of the
> gods. Then again, I never had a very discerning pallett (sp). Chuck

All this talk of beer snobbery reminds me of a friend of mine from
Belgium.  Although Belgium is about the size of Connecticut, they
have over 350 breweries--Belgians know beer!  When he visits the US,
he can't wait to drink a bottle of Bud!

theo