HW: Watney's Red Barr

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Fri Dec 18 05:55:50 EST 1998

A bit of the beaten track here, but my first ever beer in the US was a pint of
Young's Ram 'n' Spesh!!  (A halp pint of draught Young's Special, topped up
with a bottle of Young's Ram Rod ale!!) I was literally taken there, by a US
colleague straight from the Austin airport, direct to the bar!   None of that
Budweiser shit either!!

This was in Austin TX, in a bar called Maggie May's  - superb venue indeed!!
I'll bet that Mr. Moorcock sups on the Bass, Guiness, and Newcastle Brown that
they serve there too!

Talking of Budweiser, it's light already in flavour and body,  and they've got
the audacity to sell "Bud Light" too??????   YEUCH!!!!!!  Gimme a warm, dark
brown, flat, headless, bear anyday!!!!

GUY THOMAS

(And long live CAMRA!!)