OFF: Metallica's Astronomy

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Dec 17 11:58:34 EST 1998

>OK.  Having listened to the snippet of _Astronomy_ available on the
cdnow.com website, I think I'm gonna pass that one up.  Granted, RealAudio
doesn't do most things justice on a machine as slow as mine but still,
Hetfield sounds like John Flansburgh from They Might Be Giants.  Not that
there's anything wrong with TMBG if they're not fronting a "metal" band and
trying to ruin one of my favourite songs.

Warrick Bell

And I thought it was just me.  I heard the clip also and came away less than
impressed.  I dunno, I just don't get it with Metallica.  The more I listen
the more they sound like a second rate metal band from the 70's.  Sorry if
that offends but its how I feel.

Ghost in the Ruins