HW: Live tracks

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Dec 18 20:23:07 EST 1998

A little more work on this:

TRACK                   DATE            TOWN, VENUE

Time of the Hawklords  CD-R
---------------------
Who's Gonna Win the War?  ?

- We can't solve this one unless we find someone with the CD.

Watchfield/Stonehenge  (Festival HAWK1 - UK LP)     [Also Weird 103]
---------------------
Slap it on de Table      ?

- Dunno. This will come down to identifying who plays on the track.

Weird 105 - Hawkwind 1976-77
----------------------------
Flying Doctor            ?

- Could be from Oxford 6/10/78 like most Hawklords stuff. Need the tape
to check.

Travellers Aid Trust  (Double LP 1988)
--------------------
Brainstorm               ?

- I could swear I've heard this elsewhere, like one of the videos.

Blue Dreamer             ?

- As above

Damage of Life           ?

- I think this is Brocky futzing in the studio

Weird 101 - Sonic Assassins/ Dave Brock
---------
The War                  ?

- Probably studio circa 1979

Weird 106 - Hawkwind 1970-73
---------
Came Home                ?

- I'd guess about 71/72 with them jamming in the studio

Weird 108 - Hawkwind 1966-73
---------
Live and Let Live        ?
Etchanatae               ?

- Try and identify who plays on these.

Independent Days
----------------
Hurry On Sundown         ?        (same as Hawkwind Zoo)

- This was a demo.

The Emergency Broadcast System Samples
--------------------------------------
Coded Languages          ?

- I suspect this is another live version post-processed in the studio

The Ambient Anarchists
----------------------
Love in Space            ?

- Hard to say, but it's obviously late 90's.

Acid Daze
---------
Masters of the Universe  ?
World of Tiers           ?

Hale and Baker definitely present on these. Still quite likely to be
Lewisham 80.

Also I've found an error on Ghost Dance in the Codex. The entry is now:

Ghost Dance
 L  1     The Hawkwind Anthology Vol. I
 L  1     The Hawkwind Anthology 1967-1982 [Castle 2CD]
 L  1     Acid Daze Vol. I
 L  1     British Tribal Music
 L  1     The Hawkwind Collection LP
 L  1     The Hawkwind Anthology 3CD box set [Castle Communications]
 L  1     Castle Masters Collection   [CD only]
 L  1     Silver Machine CD [Spectrum compilation]
 L  1     Silver Machine CD [Hallmark compilation]
 L  1     Live Chronicles  [Castle 2CD bonus compilation disc]
 L  1 a   Best of Hawkwind
 L  1 a   Out and Intake
 L  1 a   Master of the Universe [Pulse CD]
 L  2     The Golden Void
 L  3 *   Hawkfan 12"
 L  4     Undisclosed Files - Addendum [CD Only]

      *   1a is a cut version of 1
      *   3 is a "live edit"