HW: Live tracks

Johan Edlundh johan.edlundh at HABO.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Sun Dec 20 12:28:18 EST 1998

At 23:51 1998-12-19 GMT, you wrote:
>Carl Edlund Anderson writes:
>
>> On lör 19 dec 1998 16.55 +0100 "Johan Edlundh"
>> <johan.edlundh at HABO.MAIL.TELIA.COM> wrote:
>> > why trying to solve something that's made in the bare quantity of five
>> > copies? to what use? I think this kind of CD-Recordables is exactly what
>> you
>> > should stop looking for in the Codex Project.
>>
>>      I agree.  The CD-R's are really sort of sub-bootleg territory.
>> If I made a tape of live Hawkwind stuff and tried to flog it to
>> people should the material on it be listed in the Codex?  I don't
>> think so.  I realize this is a blurry area now that anyone can
>> issue their own bootleg records, but counting the CD-Rs seems to
>> take it too far, IMO.
>
>As I understand it, this is extra-curricular to the codex.
>
>The bootlegs don't exist in the codex any longer (except for
>a very few items) but it seemed useful to make a list of the
>extremely dispersed but quite extensive non-tape live material
>available together with its original source.
>
>We could probably add the appropriate information to the items
>still legitimatly in the Codex but it won't otherwise be part of
>it.

ok. no Codex.

>However it will be useful next time somebody asks which
>tracks on Out and Intake are live or whether they can watch a
>video and listen to a CD or one of the Wierd Tapes at the same time!

During the day I've made a Compact Cassette Collection for myself.
Track list is a kind of oddities from the Acid Daze Trilogy - my favorite
movement of Hawkwind fame - added with two bonus tracks from the
Stockholm/Daily's Bar concert 1991.09.29 (levitation / arrival in utopia).
Because of the last two tracks, I've entitled my creation "Stockholm
Appearance. I've made a nice sleeve in color, that's been printed on my
cheap Ink Jet.
I'm proud of myself - because I know the Stockholm live tracks has not been
released before, so the majority of Hawkwind Kollektors around the world are
drooling now. See below:

"Stockholm Appearance"
(dec '98, Sweden - Cassette Album, only one copy made)

Angels Of Death / Spirit of the Age / Douglas In The Jungle / Master of the
universe / Ghost Dance / Earth Calling / Born To Go / You Shouldn't Do That
/ British Tribal Music / Levitation / Arrival in Utopia

Can my tape and I be a part of this "Live Trax Project"?
(You don't even drool..?)
oh well. you said "...non tape"

But if I spin up my CD-R, and move the music from the Cassette media into my
computer, and then further out on a CD Recordable. It's easy to stretch the
Cover Art to a little more Squary form - it even look more spacier now. Great!
I'll try again.

"Stockholm Appearance"
(dec '98, Sweden - CD Recordable, only one copy made)
(dec '98, Sweden - Cassette Album, only one copy made)

Angels Of Death / Spirit of the Age / Douglas In The Jungle / Master of the
universe / Ghost Dance / Earth Calling / Born To Go / You Shouldn't Do That
/ British Tribal Music / Levitation / Arrival in Utopia

Is "Stockholm Appearance" now qualified for this "Live Trax Project"?
Aw... Come on!

Well, still at the computer, I create four more CD-R copies. There is still
ink in the printer, and... there's five copies lying on the table. I'll send
a copy to Brian Tawn, and if I'm lucky, he'll mention my creation.
I'll try again.

"Stockholm Appearance"
(dec '98, Sweden - CD Recordable, only five copies made)
(dec '98, Sweden - Cassette Album, only one copy made)

Angels Of Death / Spirit of the Age / Douglas In The Jungle / Master of the
universe / Ghost Dance / Earth Calling / Born To Go / You Shouldn't Do That
/ British Tribal Music / Levitation / Arrival in Utopia

Well,
Am I in this time..?

.joe

btw,
I've got four ultra rare CD-R bootlegs left, that is for trade. there is
"never before released" live material on this Hawkwind bootleg.
I'm looking for the Mind Journey acetate, but a few BBC Transcripion Discs
can I also find use for. reply off list, thank you - but do it now. tomorrow
can it be too late.