HW: Live tracks

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Dec 19 18:51:24 EST 1998

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

> On lör 19 dec 1998 16.55 +0100 "Johan Edlundh"
> <johan.edlundh at HABO.MAIL.TELIA.COM> wrote:
> > why trying to solve something that's made in the bare quantity of five
> > copies? to what use? I think this kind of CD-Recordables is exactly what
> you
> > should stop looking for in the Codex Project.
>
>      I agree.  The CD-R's are really sort of sub-bootleg territory.
> If I made a tape of live Hawkwind stuff and tried to flog it to
> people should the material on it be listed in the Codex?  I don't
> think so.  I realize this is a blurry area now that anyone can
> issue their own bootleg records, but counting the CD-Rs seems to
> take it too far, IMO.

As I understand it, this is extra-curricular to the codex.

The bootlegs don't exist in the codex any longer (except for
a very few items) but it seemed useful to make a list of the
extremely dispersed but quite extensive non-tape live material
available together with its original source.

We could probably add the appropriate information to the items
still legitimatly in the Codex but it won't otherwise be part of
it.   However it will be useful next time somebody asks which
tracks on Out and Intake are live or whether they can watch a
video and listen to a CD or one of the Wierd Tapes at the same time!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk