OFF: AD/ADII Japanese pressings

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Feb 2 13:00:46 EST 1998

Sonique booms...

>This may be old news, but I just found that a Japanese label has re-released
>a stack of Amon Duul titles.

<list snipped>

Yeah, that'll be Captain Trip.  There is also another 'reconstructed improv'
AD2 piece (like Kobe) that they did over there called 'Eternal Flashback'.
A kollector's only item, I'd say.  Of course, I've got one...figure that
Andy does too.  :)
One strange thing is that one of these two (can't remember which offhand)
ends with a 'sample' of Brock's opening riff from MotU.  Guess it's the Dave
Anderson link that led to this.  ???

>Also I see that there is a ne w(?) release by Tubilah Dog called (funnily
>enough) "In Search of Plaice"!!!

Well, this is not exactly new...I figure it's two years old at least.
Unless I'm mistaken, it's only been released on vinyl (how quaint!), on
Vinyl Magic's Beard of Stars label in Italy.  I think Scott Heller has one.
I kind of balked at the vinyl thing, figuring maybe somebody would release
it on CD.  Has this happened, Paul?? And if so, could you get me one?

What's the lineup on this one??  I think Steve Mills was the main guy, but I
wonder if Jerry Richards did any playing on it.  And do either of the TAT
tracks appear on it?  I quite liked 'Safe Zone' in particular.

Keith H. (FAA)

ObCD:  Pyschedelic Paradise Live - Marble Sheep (JP)
featuring Ken Matsutani (who founded Captain Trip Records) on Guitar & Vocals

P.S.  Sorry about my ignorance...what is Plaice??  I always wondered what
that was.  Maybe it's near Opa-Lo(c)ka. :)

P.P.S.  Well, I just went and looked it up...it's a fish of some sort.
Perhaps the fabled Fredfish....or what was that crazy thing from Magick
Brother??