HW: Silver Machine (Orb remix?)

Captain Cloud capcloud at PALMNET.NET
Sun Feb 8 14:18:56 EST 1998

If I remember right, Alex Patterson decided to, on his own and
without any discussions with the HW camp, remix and prepare to
release a version of "Silver Machine".  Apparently he contacted
them for permission when he was ready to release it, but was
told in no uncertain terms, "NO!".

Rumors are that DS was the nixer.  I've also heard that this release
actually snuck out as a white-label single, but I've never been able
to confirm this or find any Orb fanatics that have seen/heard it.

The ORB discography inside the 'Auntie Aubrey..' set does indeed
list this single (along with every other CD, single, remix, and
comp appearance).  It is described very simply as:
  SILVER MACHINE
  Unreleased Single
  The Orb's interpretation of the Hawkwind classic

While we can only assume that this is a "great lost HW remix", who's
to say that it would have been any "better" than those on 'Future
Reconstructions'?  (please, that is a rhetorical question)

After all, I could be alone on this list but I really dig a few
tunes on FR...and I had all the Astralasia remixes anyway!  AND
all those PF Trance Remixes that most Floyd fans sneer at...

"The sky is raining fishes, fishes, fishes..."  :-)

--
Captain Cloud
capcloud at palmnet.net
http://www5.palmnet.net/~capcloud/