HW: Your captain is dead...

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Sun Feb 8 23:20:51 EST 1998

At 19:13 8/02/98 -0800, herbert rosenberg wrote:

>>  So, my question is, is the original version of Silver Machine with Bob on
>>  vocals available?  Am I a moron for even asking?  Also, it's Bob who sings
>>  Kadu Flyer right?
>>   >>

>Nik songs it on Astounding Sounds.
>

>As for Nik, I second Duane on Past Or Future--best release of the '90s
perhaps. Especially for the brilliant "Opa-Loka 2000". Then get Anubian
Lights--I just have the EP Jackal & Nine (which is actually about 50-55
minutes), but it's brilliant, but more techno/ambient than space-rock.
>Then get Sphynx--I've never heard the original, so I can't compare, but
this is very good. Then...um, that '94 release, the name of which I always
forget now...some choice tunes, some ICU tunes, some HW tunes, etc.

>After that, if you find yourself thinking that Nik of the '90s is just
incomparable stuff, the best stuff out there, whoopin' Hawkwind '90's butt
all over the floor (I don't want to start that old argument, but I feel so
empassioned that I had to say this), then get Sonic Attack 2000--which is an
odds comp of NT and AL, with some alternate versions/mixes of tunes.

>Charlie

 I second all the above!!

  I also think that Nik's "Prophets of Time" is pretty good too, and would
love to hear the original "Sphinx" as well.....anyone know where I can get one?

    Troy

        Troy Harris

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au

                 P O Box 1066