HW: Bedouin

Thu Feb 12 06:01:23 EST 1998

On Thursday, February 12, 1998 6:26 AM, Scott Heller
[SMTP:shll at HAGEDORN.DK] wrote:
> Hej,
>
>         Can someone post up a review of this CD... Who plays on it. Go
>         thru
> it song for song, how long is it.. Is it a nice packaging.. and of course
> your opinion on whether to buy it or the new Huw Lloyd Langton??
>
> SCott

Too busy (Really! Me!) to do a track-by-track right now, but fwiw here's
the track list:

Rock Palace (4.30)
Wadi Dhar (11.19)
Passion is an Animal (5.25)
Alhadan (5.48)
Space Rock Cafe (4.55)
One Moon Circles* (5.05)
Queen of the Night (5.14)
Eyes in the Dark (7.12)
Sand Devil (2.37)

All tracks by Davey except * Davey/Thompson

Band is Alan + Sean Massett (gtr) and Danny Thompson (dr)

"Sand Devil" recorded on 4-track in 1987

"Passion" and "Queen" are the only tracks with vocals (by Alan)

Jewel case, nice arabesque cover design, 8-page insert.

If you've not been to the Bedouin lands in Sinai and Jordan, you really
ought to!

I bought this, which is OK, and not the HLL, but then I've never been HLL's
greatest fan so take that as you will.

-Andy