business hawkwind (was chrome tour - or so...)

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Fri Feb 27 12:53:00 EST 1998

On 16 Feb 02:05, stalker wrote:
> the bleeding business trip...
> there is absolutely NO excuse for putting out an album like The Business
> Trip - (Live album) --
> apart from being just a rotten album musically

Lots of people here like it.

> they are RIPPING OFF a
> (read: some) former band member(s) - i.e. Mr. Robert Calvert / N. Turner
> - in an absolutely despicable manner.

Also Simon King.

> but...who REALLY believes that these false credits were an accident...
> there were just too many of them

I saw three:

"Do That" - arguably Nik should have been credited, but this was only
the chorus of "You Shouldn't Do That" (so they didn't use the lyrics),
and the music was substantially reworked.   (IIRC, Nik was playing similar
tricks with songwriting credits around this time; I believe Dave and Nik
have since sorted this out).

"The Dream Goes On" - this is pretty obviously "The Iron Dream".  It's
been reworked, but IMO it should have been credited to Simon King.

"This Future" - the music has been heavily reworked, but the lyrics are
the same.  I assume that Bob wrote the lyrics, in which case he should
have been credited IMO.

> - and too well organized.  (be sure that
> no one of the Calvert family EVER saw a penny of the royalties)

I think you're exaggerating -- presumably they get the royalties from the
correctly credited QS&C and The Right Stuff.

> I am not writing this because I am a born again Calvertian - but its
> just an obvious fact that the band never again had
> a single innovative moment since Calvert left the band -

You contradict yourself.

Dave.
--

Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.  Tel: +44 131 472 4782