Hello

Tue Jan 6 12:19:15 EST 1998

> From:          cannibal at CUTEY.COM

> Welcome on board, Dag! As you know we run a tight ship here on trusty ol'
> BOC-L, though she may get a bit rough when the 'Wind catches her sails!
>
> >That's why I am suprised that there was a flame
> >war started when I asked about this list on the alt.music.boc news
> >group. I totally see the link between these bands, as they tackle the

It hasn't been the first time, though, right?  The folks on the other
list don't seem to have much sense of humor, do they?  What's the
buzz on tBS over there?  Heresy to support Al, or grudging
admiration, or outright adulation?  I suspect that tBS are a taboo
topic over there?

Anyway, welcome to the list, and don't be shy about giving your
opinion freely!

> >outer reaches of the psyche without losing their edge and just being
> >able to rock in a big way. The problem with 'trippy' music is that it
> >sometimes get's a background music feel, this is not the case with BOC
> >and Hawkwind. I am also a big fan of 'Kraut Rock' n' some industrial
> >music.

BOC can do a serious sci-fi groove without the trippiness.  Partly, I
suspect in that their songs are fairly succinct.  Not too much
ambient jamming from BOC.  But HW, though more prog, don't seem to
give me that trippy background impression...

> You are in the right place :) You know, we are all Veterans of A Thousand
> Flame Wars/A Thousand Psychedelic Orgies, on this here salty ol' list, and
> sometimes those pesky landcrabs down in Usenet need a bit 'o extra cookin!
>

> cap'n c

5 mins. on high power will take most of the starch out of 'em...

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.