Classical rocks

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Tue Jan 6 15:18:46 EST 1998

>Actually my background is in English lit.  I thought about getting my
>PHD at one time!  There have been a few studies of Heavy Music.  One
>decent book is:  Running With the Devil [I can't remember the rest of
>the title] and it's a decent attempt at explicating the rock music
>culture [though he does miss the mark often enough].  There's plenty
>there for serious study, but I don't know too many lit. scholars who
>could do it justice.   Maybe Carl?  Let's not leave him out of this
>as one of high academic standing who digs BOC/HW...

Wasn't trying to treat musical stuff as serious literature something
Meltzer got in trouble for at Stony Brook?....

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff,                       |
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random