BOC: Hello - I Like This Guy Already

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Jan 6 21:48:04 EST 1998

>Well I figured it might be a good idea to introduce myself as I have
just signed on to the list. My name is Dag Luterek, I live in London
with my wife and our 3 rats. Anyways here goes my BOC top 10:

Hello Dag, welcome aboard.

>1. SECRET TREATIES
>The ultimate... say no more, say no more.

Oh man I like you a lot
>4. ON YOUR FEET OR ON YOUR KNEES
Love the title... Anyways I am a fan of the holy trinity, being the
first 3 BOC discs. It makes this one a obvious choice. And it was great
to hear that Eric is on a first name basis with Ol' Nick.

Hmmm a little higher....

>8. SOME ENCHANTED EVENING
Their weakest live album, but hearing them do MC5 makes it all
worthwhile, it also has a far superior version of 'Godzilla'.

No comment on the Killer Astronomy?

>10. CULTOSAURUS ERECTUS
This is a very uneven album, it has some gems(Black Blade,Monsters and
Unknown Tongue). And some serious spills (Fallen Angel and The Marshall
Plan).

You like Monsters Too?  Oh I'm really digging you now.

>I suppose it is a great way to make enemies on a BOC list to knock
'Imaginos'. I mean lyrically it is obviously great, Pearlman being the
only person I would buy a collection of poems from. But the production
just freaks me out and the tunes don't grab me.

Have no fear.  On this list people say what they want to.  We are not
always right but we will say it.  I've been throwing hints  at a certain
guy with a lot of musical talent (hint intials AB) that this one should
be re-done the way he wanted it to be done.  His current band could
really lay this one up and make it even better than the original.  No
bites thus far.

>And I don't wanna even say anything about the remake of 'Astronomy',
(BLASPHEMY %-O). Oh well I don't wanna get too long winded, so goodbye
for now.

WHAT?  Hold it a minute man, this version of Astronomy should never be
compared to the original.  Take this one on its own.  I still like you
but Astronomy is the only song I ever loved twice.  Swartz is right
killer bass on this song.

Welcome aboard my friend.

lil' ab (not to be confused with Big AB, he's the one with talent)

"And so he says to me, he says to me, you got style baby but if your
going to be a real villian you gotta get a gimmick.  And so I go, I says
yeah baby a gimmick that's it.  High Explosives." - Evil Midnight Bomber