OFF: Comics

StevenTice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 7 01:09:29 EST 1998

>>Yeah, but he was first still! And no, Wolverine & Lobo are IMO in a
different class of "psycho" - the "badass psycho". Creeper is more like
"repressed weirdo creep" psycho >;^>

Precisely!  MUCH more interesting! :-)

>>On this I agree (I just hate him for all that generic stuff. All looks the
 same... only a demnted genius like Alfredo Alcala could fix his dreary
 Conan work...)

Yes, Alcala was (is) amazing, whether inking his own work or inking someone
else's.

>>The only decent Thor I have seen since was Bruce Zick's version
 - Zick is really underrated/obscure but I really recommend his cool/bizarre
 sci-fi comics like Zone Continuum. Zick is *inspired* by Kirby rather than
 a *sleazy "tribute" copy* like Ron Frenz...

I wasn't terribly thrilled with Zick's Thor, but I'd take it over DeFalco's
any day...and at least it was DIFFERENT from any other hero comic on the
stands when Zick was doing it.  Hmmm, I wonder whatever happened to him...

SET