OFF: Comics: Friendly Frank's and Ellison

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Wed Jan 7 09:09:12 EST 1998

At 12:57 AM 1/7/98 EST, you wrote:

><< All this talk about comic books reminds me of when I used to work for
> Friendly Frank's Distribution at their worldwide headquarters.  FFD was
> bought out a few years back after a serious shake-up in the comics industry,
> but before the buy-out it was the third-largest worldwide distributor of
> wholesale comic books.
>
>Ahhh!  Not Friendly Frank's! :-)
>
>I had a bad experience there as a retailer in 1990...then dealt with them as a
>publisher a few years later and ended up out some money when the crash hit.
>It was never what you'd call the most efficient operation...
>SET

What was the name of your account?  Who knows, maybe I was responsible for
your bad experience!  If you ever had questions about money/your financial
status etc. I was the one you would have talked to.  I left the company in
about July of 1990 (or was it 1991?).  And of course Frank himself was not
someone any sane person would want to deal with... mainly because he had an
oedipal thing going on with his mother, who was the secretary treasurer....
but that's material for another time....
John Majka
flossbac at wcic.org