OFF: Starship Troopers (was Classic Rock)

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Jan 7 16:22:25 EST 1998

>British people, in general, not just Moorcock, have little problem with
>American politics, just as Americans have a LOT of trouble with the whole
>British system of government.

it's not just British people.... I mean, heck, Haldeman's 'The Forever
War' was almost a direct counterpoint to 'Starship Troopers' (though
I doubt they'll ever make a movie of it...
>>> and the fact that
>>> no-one got blown up by their own nuclear bombs it was a disappointment.

>For what it is worth, none of the hardware in the movie, from the space
>ships down to the rifles the MI were using is as the were in the book.

The bug hardware is even worse, lessee, they throw rocks that go somehow
faster than light, then slow down when they enter our atmosphere
so ships can dodge them, and manage to hit a precise target on a spinning
globe....

I guess rocks do that if you put enough english on them....

(and hey, I enjoyed the movie...)

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff,                       |
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random