tBS,HW: Needle Gun

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Jan 9 18:56:35 EST 1998

Thus spoke the voice of Daniel Ligon <makmorn at QIS.NET>:

> I've been listening to _Malpractise_ for the last couple weeks (the
> best Christmas present I got!) and "Needle Gun" has had a hold on me
> from the start.  So, what is the Needle Gun?
>
> Is it weapon (a gun that shoots metal slivers, perhaps?) or the
> implement of a tattoo artist?  If the former, is it yet another
> form of Stormbringer?

Well, I always wondered about the inclusion of this song on the 'Chronicle
of the Black Sword' album, since the weapon was introduced in Moorcock's
Jerry Cornelius series (although I think it may appear in one of the Elric
stories that I haven't read ... someone who knows more about the subject
than me can perhaps clarify this).  As I understand it, the weapon shoots
hypodermic needles, which can inject the drug of the shooter's choice into
the target (as I recall, Cornelius uses it both lethally and non-lethally).
 Hence, there's also the "hard drug" connotation with it (sorta like "Deep
Fix").

Haven't heard the Brain Surgeons version yet; guess that's something I need
to work on ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com