Off Starship, I missed one...

Mon Jan 12 06:13:24 EST 1998

I totally don't want to resurrect this thread, but Rich raised one point...

> Saw it Friday night - must agree with most of the comments made on the
> list.  Top effects, but not knocking / being ironic about the
> dangerously fascist society portrayed enough.  (I've never read the
> book, so can't comment on that.)

Even though I admired the movie, I just want to clarify that it in no way
means I approve of the politics depicted (and certainly not those in the
book!).  I will just say that I think one of the film's strengths is that
it doesn't take an explicit stand, but rather, Verhoeven credits the
viewers with enough intelligence to work it out for themselves.

I'll shut up now, and steer clear of discussing films on the list, I think!
 Although I have written about it on my website if anyone gives a toss.

-Andy