tBS reveiw,an Opinion

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Jan 15 10:31:33 EST 1998

> While Deb's vocals are excellent (when she screams, "You're mine for the
taking!" I get the shivers - a career of evil indeed),

Good review John.  You touch on an excellent point, tBS' secret weapon,
Deb.  Amazing how easily she can bounce from "demonic screams" to sultry
diva.

>Death Valley Nights - A song which BOC left for dead years ago

Rightfully so.  This is a song that does not fit the current rendition
of BOC.  There is no one in the current lineup that could sing it or
Vera Gemini for that matter.  I don't want to sound overly critical of
the Oysterboys but a lot of the "stale setlist" can be traced to their
inability to do certain vocals.  The music isn't the problem, its the
vocals.  Sure some of Albert songs have been adapted by Eric over the
years and he does a decent job on them but certain songs really require
the right vocals.   DVN, Vera and to a lesser extent CoF and D&S fall
into this category (IMHO). tBS on the other hand can handle BOC vocals,
the majority of them, easily.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe,
 lil' ab.