tBS reveiw,an Opinion

Thu Jan 15 10:01:06 EST 1998

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>
>
> >Death Valley Nights - A song which BOC left for dead years ago
>
> Rightfully so.  This is a song that does not fit the current rendition
> of BOC.  There is no one in the current lineup that could sing it or
> Vera Gemini for that matter.  I don't want to sound overly critical of
> the Oysterboys but a lot of the "stale setlist" can be traced to their
> inability to do certain vocals.  The music isn't the problem, its the

or the inability of a certain singer to do ANY vocals!  at least
audible vocals...

> vocals.  Sure some of Albert songs have been adapted by Eric over the
> years and he does a decent job on them but certain songs really require

You mean back in the days when EB actually sang at BOC shows?  EB
used to do a decent job on D&S [in fact they did it at a show I saw
last summer and he did an impressive [given his current state] job on
it], though CoF will always be Al's song. Period...

> the right vocals.   DVN, Vera and to a lesser extent CoF and D&S fall
> into this category (IMHO). tBS on the other hand can handle BOC vocals,
> the majority of them, easily.
>
> Diagonally parked in a parallel universe,
>  lil' ab.
Fair enough, but for all the shit I dump on EB, he always used to
hold his own as a frontman, and in the old days, could sing with the
best of them.  Currently, he seems to 'be on sabbatical forever...'

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.