tBS reveiw,an Opinion

Thu Jan 15 16:20:16 EST 1998

>Good review John.  You touch on an excellent point, tBS' secret weapon,
Deb.  Amazing how easily she can bounce from "demonic screams" to sultry
diva.

Well, if you've experienced tBS either live or on CD, she's hardly
"secret" ;-)

>>Death Valley Nights - A song which BOC left for dead years ago

>Rightfully so.  This is a song that does not fit the current rendition
of BOC.  There is no one in the current lineup that could sing it or
Vera Gemini for that matter.

Good point.  My point was that the original line-up left it for dead, as
oppossed to the current lineup.  It certainly could've been done live
back in '77 to '81.  Vera Gemini is another matter - only had Patti Smith
had been available would this probably have been a possibility.

>I don't want to sound overly critical of
the Oysterboys but a lot of the "stale setlist" can be traced to their
inability to do certain vocals.  The music isn't the problem, its the
vocals.  Sure some of Albert songs have been adapted by Eric over the
years and he does a decent job on them but certain songs really require
the right vocals.

I agree with that up to a point.  However, there are plenty of songs in
the catalog originally sung by Buck or Eric that could be worked into the
setlists.  I think the real problem with stale setlists with BOC has
little to do with not having the Bouchard Brothers around to sing them
anymore.

John