OFF: Lyrical SF

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 15 14:20:27 EST 1998

>Tell you what though, with all this Sarah Brightman, Elton John
>etc..it's made me realise that most SF in Rock is a lot of old
bollocks.
>:) I mean, It needn't be, but it seems to have turned out that way.
>
>--
>Jon

Too Troo!  But why is it that the only effective & successful
space-rockers are the ones who give you space-music with space-sound
before they give you the space-words?
I'd have thought that this is obviously the only way to do it, but so
few people seem to have gotten the point.
"Somewhere in Time" by Iron Maiden.  Yes, it's cod-metal, but a fairly
sci-fi set of themes.  Did it feel futuristic or
interstellar-spacial????  My arse it did, just like almost everyone else
who tries it on.
Hawks can't be whipped at this one.

Chris.