OFF: Lyrical SF

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Jan 17 05:47:09 EST 1998

In article <Pine.OBD.3.96.980116180950.26228A-
100000 at gromit.dlib.vt.edu>, Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU> writes
>Actually, this is less off-topic than you think: Dave Anderson (of early
>Hawkwind) played with the Groundhogs (circa early '90s), at least he did
>when I went to see them at the Conwy Civic Centre.  (In return, Tony
>McPhee played on Amon Duul II's _Die Losung_, which also featured Bob
>Calvert and members of the Ozrics.)
>
>Where to go next?  Well, nobody's Groundhogs collection can be said to
>be even *started* unless they have a copy of _Split_!  It is
>quintessential Groundhogs, and includes a cover of John Lee Hooker's
>"Groundhog Blues" from which the band took its name.

and next should be "Who Will Save The World? ... The Mighty Groundhogs!"
not least because of it's wonderful fold-out comic book cover by Neal
Adams, no less.
--
Jon Browne
ObGig - I'm up The Verve again tonight, so three days deafness is due with any