OFF: Chemicals and Disco

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Jan 20 10:09:33 EST 1998

>Sorry I'm not poking fun at you personally, I just loved
>the way you phrased this.

>You really are just a cheeky monkey who doesn't know when to stop!
(Angelic voice) You brought the chemicals into this conversation, not
me. Flip sake - with these, um, enhancements, you can listen to
_Test-tube
Conceived_ and picture 5 Bob Calvert's standing in a circle round you
chanting "I Hear Voices".....

Heheheheheh I know man I couldn't help it.  A really strange series of
events brought this on.  Was feeling euphoric, finally able to get a
copy of the only Tick episode I had never seen, Tick Loves Santa Claus
(aka Multiple Santa). It was broadcast in the wee hours of the morning
(at least for a geezer like me) so with sleep depravation and seeing
extended trailers of Boogie Nights first thing in the morning (don't ask
please) I warped back into my days of polyester, bright lights, thumping
bass and drinks during "Drink or Drown Happy Hour".  Many a time the
eyes would close and the rythmic beat of Anita Ward's "Ring My Bell"
would take me away, much the way you described.  Surely I'm not the only
one to experience dsico on this list? Again sorry, I'll leave the tongue
in cheek stuff to you and Theo.

Ho-Ho-Ho repeated constantly by thousands of santa clones is an
unnerving yet palatable experience.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe,
lil' ab

OBCD - Streets, A Rock Opera - Savatage