OFF: Disco Opera's

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 21 09:25:37 EST 1998

>"Well I can see we won't be settling this over eggnog, but here's
>something we can all agree on, its time to go caroling."  - 4 Legged
Man

A mighty fine couplet.

>It also depend in large part on your definition of "disco". I tend to
use the term disco as
>it is more widely accepted when describing dance music in general, at
>least it seems to be with rockers.

Never trust a rocker talking about another genre!

> Examples:
>Funk Songs
>Flashlight - Parliament Funkadelic
>More Bounce to the Ounce - Roger (a great tBS cover waiting to happen)
>The Butt - local DC legends Trouble Funk
>
>Classic Disco songs
>
>I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
>Anything by the 70's Bee Gee's
>The Hustle - Van McCoy
>
>Funk is to disco what Iron Maiden would be to Air Supply i.e., heavier
>grooves along the bass an drum lines.

Okay - you're right so far as you go, but _War of the Worlds_ came from
the height of the Disco excess era and holds its disco Afro and glitter
shirt high right up beside the BeeGees, Chic, Village People, anybody..

Chris.