BOC: No Eric? NO WAY!

Wed Jan 21 16:05:03 EST 1998

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>
>
> >If Eric can't hack it these days, why not jettison the guy and get somebody
> new.
>
> Whoa fella, you couldn't do that.  Better to just break up than replace
> Eric.  Eric is more than a singer he's a large part of the bands persona
> and image.  Without Eric, Buck's solo career begins.  Please tell me you
> jest. Besides I feel one day Eric will get back to normal and sing
> again.

Right on all counts, AB!  No EB, no BOC.  If EB can't sing, then
break up the band and let BD start producing records and doing studio
work...I've been listening to TaM today, which is, more than any BOC
album, Eric's record [he wrote a lot of stuff and does most of the
lead vocals on this one].  And this record went a long way towards
establishing the BOC mystique.  Cheer up, dudes.  The last show I saw
[summer '97] EB sounded the best I'd heard him all year.  I've a
feeling he's snapping out of it.  Didn't Bolle say that there's
nothing physically wrong with EB?  Sounds like maybe he's coming
around finally?  Anyone seen the group lately?  Maybe Manuel can give
us an analysis of EB's vocal state...

> >Or, just do more Buck songs and let Buck sing, which is what they were
> >doing. I don't support the idea of kicking Eric out because of some vocal
> problems, anymore than I support the idea of kicking Albert out for
> various reasons.
>
> Agreed.  Another option would be to let Danny sing some.  He seems
> capable enough.  I have a hard time imagining BOC without Eric.
> Fortunately I was too busy "booty shaking" when both the Bouchard
> brothers had left.  I didn't have to endure the pain of those
> departures.

But preferably on new material, and preferably stuff Danny would
write!  Even though I dig EB, I'm not wild about him singing CoF, and
I'd rather not make things worse by having DM sing songs originally
done by EB.  The voices are crucial to the ambiance of the songs...

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.