HW: Huw/Widowmaker/etc.

Kevin Perry kevin.perry at VIRGIN.NET
Thu Jan 22 02:47:32 EST 1998

It was early issues of Guitarist magazine.  Who now virtually point-blank
refuse to accept all knowledge of Huw's existence.

An ex-DJ on our local radio station (now sadly gone the way of many
commercial radio stations) used to run a twice weekly rock show.  He also
knew Huw from years back and sometimes got him along for interviews.  The DJ
eventually started a local guitar club, and the first special guest was Huw!
It's a very strange feeling to be standing next to one of your guitar heroes
in a pub in the middle of nowehere in the gents...

But I did manage to get to talk to Huw afterwards (even though he's a tad
deaf!) which was absolutely brilliant for me.

That was about 4 years ago.  Since then, I've seen Huw a couple of times
playing at festivals in Wales and West England, but haven't heard anything
about the festivals for a couple of years either.  He was still playing
extremely well, and would guest with harvye Bainbridge and Friends And
Relations (Hawkwind tribute band).

Kevin Perry
Sonic Energy Authority
http://freespace.virgin.net/kevin.perry/