HW: Huw/Widowmaker/etc.

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Thu Jan 22 09:29:24 EST 1998

>read somewhere that he had written a regular column for a UK guitar magazine
>in the 80s.... Does anyone have those magazines?  Or does anyone even know
>what magazine that would be?
The mag was "Guitarist", the column was "Langton's Lead Lines"
And no, I've never seen one!

Jon

I used to buy Guitarist magazine regularly but eventually stopped after about
80 issues - I got bored with it eventually!  I used to make guitars (so the mag
was a good source of small ads for spares etc etc) and customise /
hot wire / custom paint guitars, up untill a few years ago ( a young familly
stopped all that!) One of my favourite commissions was the custom paint job I
did for Dave Brock on his Westone Paduak, onto which I painted the warrior LP
cover.

To cut a long story short, Langton's Lead Lines was one of the reasons for
subscribing to the mag, but the column was pulled after four issues.  I really
admire Huw's guitar playing, but his journalistic talents were not quite as hot
- mind you, that's probably more the editor's fault! I do recall one artical
about string breakages in conjunction with dodgy bridges and/or machine heads -
can't recall the specifics - the mists of time you see!

Unfortunately,  I sold all eighty or so issues for a paltry twenty quid - wot a
plonka!

Guy Thomas