BITCH!

herbert rosenberg chuck at GENESISNETWORK.NET
Sat Jan 24 20:30:49 EST 1998

> Somewhere in the dark and stinky mid-80s, there was a cheesy band by the
> name of WIDOW. They were nothing special, or even interesting for that
> matter, and their one album I heard pretty much gave me the kind of
> pleasure one gets from chewing tinfoil. They were kind of a poor man's
> Heart, with a pop-metal sound that went nowhere on a rocket.

Which reminds me of a band called BLACK Widow, who I think recorded in the '70s--they had this tune called "Come to the Sabbat"...and it was...strange, cool, cheesy, folky. The chorus went "Come, come, come to the Sabbat, come to the Sabbat, Satan's there..." Anyone else ever hear that? Might be funny for the Surgeons to do, just as a joke... Hell, I know I'd do that tune if I had a band...

Charlie