(A little) OFF: My 'State of the Art'

Tue Jan 27 11:22:27 EST 1998

>(regarding BOC)
>I also would like to see a new lp by them, but I donx't expect that much. I
think they have probably lost the motivation to do much new, that is why
they have not put out a new lp in 10 years.  They could easily have found
someone to put it out for them.

Well, I know many of us here won't believe the new album until we can
physically see, touch, and play it, all signs are still pointing toward
a March '98 release.  Eric, who has been pretty tightlipped in the past
year about the release (contrast that with his regular announcements
that always had the album coming out just a few months from the time of
his announcement), he has posted on AOL a March 24 release date - this
date has been presumably been provided by CMC International, who will
be releasing the CD.  From everything I've heard, the actual release
of the CD of the band's hands (which I would think is a good thing,
since when it was left up to them, well, it took awhile...), so hopefully
we can all camp out at our local record stores exactly 8 weeks from
today...

John