Dave Brock coasting?

sprawl sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM
Wed Jan 28 09:04:04 EST 1998

c mumford wrote:

> >um... WHAT love in space..?    seems i remember some discussion about this
> track,
> >but dont remember the facts.  my disc lists this song, but its not on there?
> >rj
>
> rj, why, you must be the lucky winner! I wish the Hawks had personally
> spared me this tune yet yet ANOTHER time...
>
> Take a closer listen, unless I haven driven it from my mind, this version
> thankfully has no lyrics (IMO a better versionm of this trite tune)...

ok. now you've done it. ya made me listen to this embarrassment again. yer right
its there. i must have been distracted at that point, to have missed it.  i NEVER
thot i'd say this....  but (just my opinion)  this album SUCKS. it of course has
some good parts, but i doubt it's gonna make any new fans.  the best stuff is
ron's. i guess the rest of it is ok, taken for what it is, but it
does not hold a candle to Any previous material that i can think of. all and all,
_i_ think this is the WORST studio album HW has ever done.

again, this is only the opinion of a guy who just shelled out 25 dollars which he
could not afford, for an album which will see
very little of the cd player. =(
rj