Dave Brock coasting?

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Wed Jan 28 09:25:55 EST 1998

>            With all of the DH bashing (er...criticism), I though I'd put
my
>(very tired) opinion in. I think it's the best Hawk album since Levitation.
And
>I like it all except the crappy Love in Space (it was a good song for the
first
>three or so versions I heard - I'm a bit tired of it now).

I rather like the instrumental stuff on the album. The only ones with lyrics
that I like, however, are Reptoid Vision and Population Overload (which has
an interesting mixture of quite a few musical genres). I also think the
reggae works more in the Hawkwind style on this album, as opposed to
previous recordings.

I still don't like Love in Space, though. The only bit that I like is the
fast bit in the middle, but it's been used before?

William