Dave Brock coasting?

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Wed Jan 28 09:32:18 EST 1998

>>songs on Distant Horizons, let's see.... "Waimea Canyon Drive"--YUCK.
>>"Clouded Vision"--YUCK.  "Population Overload"--YUCK.  And the last
>>instrumental bits at the end of the album are really just filler (and
>>besides we've all heard Love in Space on the album of that title and the
EP
>>of that title, do we really need to waste album space rehashing it
again?).

Me again

I find that, on the whole, the second half of the album, from around Reptoid
Vision onwards, is better than the first half. I don't like Phetamine Street
(doesn't really go anywhere), Clouded Vision (seems unfinished), and Alchemy
(could quite easily be confused with Black Sabbath).

Anyway, just a few thoughts. Then again, it took a while for me to like
Doremi Fasol Latido.

William