BOC No Album Debate/ Rush Joke

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Jan 28 13:33:49 EST 1998

Lets start with this guy...

Torgo>Ok ok, I had my fun but I have to confess. I tossed out 3 ideas
for
cover tunes, and only 2 of them were totally serious. The truth is I
wanted to see if anyone would bite on the RUSH idea, and in fact I
decided to toss out probably the LEAST likely RUSH song for anyone to
cover.

Oooo you are so bad.  I knew something was fishy here; I do agree tBS
could cover just about anything and trep it to their style.

John S.> Now Theo, I thought you knew better...

Theo> But really, what do BOC have to gain by a new
album?

Ah a great debate.  I think you are both right, only BOC could be this
dazed and confused.  The material has been there for a while.  How good
ALL of the material is, well we'll know Mar. 24th (hopefully).  A
drawback to your argument here Theo is that Eic can write some pretty
good songs too and he's still in the band.  Its not just Buck.

I do agree with Theo about finances, whats the point?  If you have to
use your own money to make and distribute it and it dosen't sell enough
to break even...well lets hope Buck didn't take out a second mortgage to
do this.

I think the money was a big obstacle.  A lot of groups sold out arenas
and stadiums in the 70's-80's but how much money did they actually take
into their own pockets?  I've heard stories that 20,000 screaming fans
didn't translate into mega dollars for many bands.

One last thing about this, bands don't us fans jack shit except a
professional performance when you pay your money to see them.  So BOC
has not produced a new album since we were all kids.  Yeah it hurts but
they have absolutely no obligation to provide us one simply becuase we
want it.

Outta here

Ghost In The Ruins

"Well I can see we won't be settling this over eggnog, but here's
something we can all agree on, its time to go caroling."  - 4 Legged Man