BOC No Album Debate/ Rush Joke

Wed Jan 28 16:56:46 EST 1998

>I do agree with Theo about finances, whats the point?  If you have to
use your own money to make and distribute it and it dosen't sell enough
to break even...well lets hope Buck didn't take out a second mortgage to
do this.

Yeah, I forgot to mention finances.  Sure, doing it yourself is no
guarantee of financial success, but I seriously doubt that BOC is gonna
go into debt getting a decent recording that can be pressed to a CD.
As for selling it, I still think that they would have done better to
have pressed a few thousand copies for starters and sold them at shows.
They would have easily recouped their initial costs in this way (I think).
How much money do they make if they never release the album at all?  A
simpler analysis, IMHO.  Now, factor in the royalties from other BOC album
sales (including the new Gold AOF, and the possible upcoming KBFH
release) that would *increase* as a result of the new album (you know,
keep the current fans happy so they continue to support BOC, and maybe
win over some new fans that go out and buy some of those BOC albums that
they don't have).  My point in all of this is that this band needs to
do what it can to reach out to its current fans before they dwindle
further, and reach out to potential new fans while they have still some
shred of name recognition -- and every day that goes by reduces that
for this band.

O.K., I've blathered on for more than enough about this.  I'll shutup now.

John