Tape Swap

Alasdair Macdonald alimac at NETCOMUK.CO.UK
Wed Jul 1 18:39:21 EDT 1998

On  1 Jul 98 at 23:13, Johan Edlundh wrote:

> At 20:06 1998-06-30 +0000, you wrote:
> >Well, it's been how long now?.......
> >
> >I received a tape from a scandanavian country - sorry, don't remember
> >which, oooh weeks and weeks ago. I can't even remember how long it is
> >since i passed the tape along to the next in line.
> >
> >But I have yet to receive tape #2.
> >
> >So if you're a Scandanavian guy who sent me a C100 with a bunch of
> >track titles on the inlay card, but no sender address or
> >anything....... what's up?
>

> d'oh,
> you make me feel like a malfunctional link in an otherwise unbroken
> chain of tape swaps...
>
> what's up?
> I'm decoding a US tape in a very slow and patient way.
> But do not panic, my investigations will not take me any further.
>
> No sender address? Not anything?

No nothing. Well, no - a song title listing on the inside; some
stamps on the outside :-)

> I'm glad I at least managed to put the tape in the parcel :0)
>

> how was the tape then?

If I still listened to HM i'd have figured it a great tape.

> I felt like an old fart when I saw what I'd produced.
> Some tracks were on topic, some tracks was done by local heroes,
> some tracks was strange sabbath covers.

<snip>

Yeah, that sabbath cover was kinda interesting.

btw, seems like this tape may have gotten lost somewhere between me &
Andrew Apold

oh well

Alasdair
--