HW: Live at The Kinetic Playground

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Mon Jul 6 05:40:52 EDT 1998

> One other thing: Does the CD-R have a proper cover? Does it try
> to look like
> official stuff? Can it be mixed with official releases on a record fair?
> If yes - should be counted.

If its well thought out, at least 10 or so copies in circulation maybe, and
it looks like a "real" CD and not a generic CDR with a cheap insert, my
answer would be yes... But I agree, in essence we are not talking about
much more than a jacked up live tape, which is why artwork is important in
this case to set it apart. After all, the Weird tapes are part of the HW
discog. (ok, sanctioned by Dave Brock but still unofficial as regards who
makes money off those) but I assume they have inserts etc. Hawkfan 12 is
another example.

> Comments?
I've always felt that CDs (and CD-Rs) should appeal to the eyes as well as
the ears....

Right on! Nothing is more appealing than a nice sexy spine, and you pull
that baby out of the shelf, spread her open... and... yes... slide into the
machine... crank it up... yes... and it both looks and sounds good... there
are a few recent ltd. HW 2CDR sets in circulation I beleive, I may have had
something to with those...

gibber etc.
Christian

ObCD: Lux Nova
ObTechnologicalAdvance: Being able to divide trax without silent spaces