SV: Re: HW: Live at the Kinetic Playground

Henrik Hallgren henrik at SUNDSVALL.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Tue Jul 7 02:28:35 EDT 1998

Hi there!

I´ve read the mail concerning CD-R and my opinion is that as long as the bootlegs aren´t to expensive it´s just fun having them.
The guy who´s creating  the ones I´ve offered will know about your comments and I´m sure he will try to improve both the artwork and the content on the CD´s.
I´ve seen the artwork on "Atomhenge 76" and it´s a 500% improvement if you compare to his first product.
He´s is also rather new to computers so who knows what the future will bring...
Concerning the "poor" sound on bootlegs; I think we have to accept that some of the CD´s are not of "studio-quality" since the people who´s creating them don´t have that kind of equipment or the money. A good example of a "professional" bootleg is ELP´s "Live in Poland". I would say that it´s as good an official live-CD. But as it says on the cover, they´re licensed from Manticore records.
I myself actually get a free copy a each CD and a few free beers so this work is really fun :-))).

btw. I´ve seen his list over future projects and I´m rather excited since it cover a wide range of prog-groups.

All the best

Henrik