BOC: Mix n Match [Was: BOC: Heaven Forbid, OFF: Deep Purple

Hulsebos A arjanh at CS.VU.NL
Tue Jul 7 11:18:13 EDT 1998

On Jul 7, 11:21am, <Nick English> wrote:

>Don't get me wrong...Heaven Forbid is excellent...Like many on the
>list I found it better than I expected it to be. But I believe these
>guys are capable of much, much more, and I (perhaps too
>optimistically) consider Heaven Forbid a warm-up for a full-fledged
>career revival complete with more frequent releases and a return to
>the experimentation that hooked me on BOC in the first place.

I'd be more than happy if they just keep the current level. After
Cult Classics I feared they'd be a mere shadow of what they once were...
Especially Eric's voice was a pleasant surprise!

>--  Nick

Arjan H