BOC: Creativity and production

Wed Jul 8 08:05:50 EDT 1998

> From:          Steven Tice <StevenTice at AOL.COM>
>
> Well, actually, they were pretty prolific during their prime, if you define
> their prime as their early to middle days (and, considering the quality of the
> first three albums, that seems reasonable).  They released an album a year
> from their inception in 1972 through RBN in 1983...that's a pretty good run!
> Plus, there's TONS of unreleased recordings from all of the band members
> during that period...they could fill a bunch of anniversary collections with
> rare tracks if a record company would actually DO such a collection.  By the
> middle years (AOF through Fire) virtually every member was bringing a bunch of
> songs to each album, only a handful of which were actually selected.  It's
> only after RBN that it all dries up rather suddenly...

Hmm...curious how that coincides with Al's departure from the group
eh?   I didn't know that, about all the leftover songs.  REally makes
me drool for a boxed set.  Maybe if  i live to be a hundred

Do you know any of the names of the songs not used, and who wrote
them?  I'd find this fascinating...

theo

theo

"...Power in the hands of fools..."