Hawkwind covers all: James Last

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sun Jul 19 04:07:09 EDT 1998

Horse Whisperer wrote:

> The Minutemen album in question is _Double Nickels on the Dime_ a killer
> double LP from SST.  It also boasts a Steely Dan cover _Doctor Wu_, a
> Creedence Clearwater Revival cover _Don't Look Now_ and in the credits
> on the sleeve they thank Richard Meltzer for writing Stairway to the
> Stars.  On their LP _Three Way Tie for Last_ they do a stonkin'
> rendition of _The Red and the Black_.
>
> But, I suspect, you all knew this.
>
> Chris.

Nope. it's all news to me.  I had never heard anything by the Minutemen
until this week.  In fact all I knew about them was Mike Watt.  The album I
have is a compilation called The Blasting Concept Volume II.  And the actual
reason I took it off his hands was the version of I Just Want To Make Love
To You by the Meat Puppets, but the Minutemen track is a corker.

The album also features Black Flag, Husker Du, Saint Vitus amongst many
others.  Good stuff.

Zeit

ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER at http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com

Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Tel: 0966-389732  Fax: 0131-467-1827